Do any of the following statements sound familiar?
- “Ugghhh, I am so Bloated”
- “I can’t SLEEP”
- “My stomach is flat in the morning but I look pregnant after I eat!”
- “I am depressed and so irritable”
- “My skin is breaking out for no reason”
What do these statements all have in common? They are all telltale signs that your ratio of “good to bad” gut bacteria may be out of balance.
8 Signs You’re In Need of Probiotics:
1. You’ve taken an antibiotic. It doesn’t matter if you just finished a course last week or if you took an antibiotic years ago. If you haven’t replenished the beneficial bacteria in your gut, this can put you at risk.
2. You seem to “catch” every bug going around. Look to your gut first for help. 80 percent of your Immune System is located within your digestive system and can be influenced by your gut flora.
3. You can’t seem to lose weight, especially belly fat, no matter what you do. An imbalance in your gut flora, or bacteria, can affect your insulin resistance, and therefore raise your risk of metabolic syndrome and blood sugar issues. Stubborn belly fat is a hallmark sign of metabolic syndrome.
4. You have digestive issues. If you experience gut issues such as bloating, cramping, or unusual gas after eating, or occasional constipation or diarrhea, there’s a good chance you may need good bacteria.
5. Your skin is itchy or broken out. Probiotics aid in the normal elimination of toxins via your gut. Since your skin is also a major elimination organ, skin issues may be a sign that your gut is not functioning optimally.
6. You crave sugar, refined or processed foods. Certain gut bacteria feed off sugar and unhealthy trans fats in processed and refined foods. If you replace the bad bacteria with the good, cravings can be minimized.
7. You feel moody or blue. Scientists believe these “bad” guys may actually influence your eating habits by putting out chemicals that travel along your vagus nerve, or the main communication channel between your gut and your brain. By maintaining good bacteria, you help quiet the bad guys’ messages!
Studies show that probiotics can actually alter brain function via your gut. Made from the same type of tissue, your gut is literally your second brain. And many people are unaware that the greatest concentration of serotonin, which is involved in mood control and aggression, is found in your intestines, not your brain.
8. You feel tired during the day, and are not sleeping at night. Melatonin, the sleep hormone, is made from serotonin, and is normally found in abundance in your gut – even more so than in your brain. Gut bacteria affect both serotonin and melatonin production.
Accelerated Health Products to Help Rebalance Your Gut:
MegaPre™: is the first Precision Prebiotic™supplement made up of clinically tested, non-digestible oligosaccharides that can increase microbial diversity and selectively feed beneficial bacteria like Akkermansia muciniphila, Faecalibacterium prausnitzii, and Bifidobacteria. Reinforces the beneficial microbial changes created by MegaSporeBiotic™ to promote a strong and diverse microbiome.*
MegaSporeBiotic™: is a probiotic blend of 5 Bacillus spores that have been shown to maintain a healthy gut barrier and immune function. The bi-phasic life cycle of the Bacillus spores allows them to remain dormant in harsh environments until they reach more favorable environments like the human gastrointestinal tract. Once inside the large intestine, these dormant spores can change into their active, vegetative forms and begin colonizing in the gut. This unique probiotic blend aims to recondition the gut instead of reseeding with probiotic strains that cannot survive digestion or colonize the gut.
MegaSporeBiotic™ helps control the “bad” bacteria and grow the “good” bacteria. It has been shown to help with E. Coli, Salmonella, H. Pylori and more.
MegaMucosa™: The mucosal system is a very important part of the human immune system. The mucosal system in the intestines contains 150 times more surface area than skin, which makes it an essential element of the immune system that supports healthy immune function. Is the first complete mucosal support supplement of its kind, formulated to support a healthy mucosal barrier. MegaMucosa™ also contains dairy-free immunoglobulins clinically shown to support a healthy immune system in the mucosa and a state-of-the-art flavobiotic shown to support microbial diversity and short-chain fatty acid production.*
MegaMucosa™ includes: Immunoglobulins: ImmunoLin is a dairy-free immunoglobulin concentrate that supports healthy digestion, detoxification, and intestinal barrier function.
Amino Acids: There are four key amino acids that play an important role in the production of the intestinal mucosa: L-proline, L-serine, L-cysteine, and L-threonine. These four amino acids have been shown to support mucin production and maintain mucin synthesis in the colon, resulting in a thick and healthy mucosal barrier.
Citrus Polyphenols: MicrobiomeX® is a citrus extract with naturally occurring polyphenols that support digestive health and healthy gut barrier function. A clinical study using 500mg of citrus fruit extract found a significant increase in short-chain fatty acid (SCFA) composition, suggesting that citrus polyphenols may help modulate the microbial composition in the gut.
EcoPhage: Supports gut health and gut functions by supporting normal gut microbiota and the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut, which naturally limits the growth of other harmful bacteria.
RESTORE: helps create a biological environment for good gut bacteria to grow and flourish, to support improvement of overall health and heal Leaky Gut.
Sara Banta is a Stanford University Graduate with a Degree in Economics and Psychology, and a certified Natural Supplement Expert & Graduate of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Sara is the Founder of Accelerated Health Products and host of the health & wellness podcast, Accelerated Health Radio.