But, isn’t it funny how it is the topic of discussion among new moms about their babies? And then among girlfriends in their 40’s and older?
“How are you Eating, Sleeping and Pooping?!!!” The fundamentals of life.
It is one of the most important questions I ask my clients — How often are you having Bowel Movements? Why? When you don’t eliminate frequently, those toxins are being reabsorbed in the body.
It is estimated that 20 percent of people go less than 3 times a week. That is Severe Constipation. That percentage is much higher when you include those who are only going once a day and assume that is normal. However, think about babies — they go every time they eat — the way nature intended it to be…
Causes of Chronic Constipation that get us “off track” are:
- Abnormal diets with excess Sugar, GMO foods, Gluten
- Lack of good Bacteria in the GUT
- Candida or some other type of Infection in the Intestinal tract
- Prescription Medication
- Hormonal Fluctuations or Irregularities — Permanent or even just Cyclical
- Thyroid Disease
- Fear of using a public restroom and other Psychological factors
- Spinal, Brain or Nerve Injuries, or any other type of injury or disease involving inflammation or blockage around the Intestines
The more serious causes of Chronic Constipation are Diverticulitis, Kidney Disease, Colorectal and Gastric Cancer, Ischemic Colitis, Parkinson’s Disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, or Irritable Bowel Disease.
So what can you do about it?
- RESTORE: Designed to balance gut health, support respiratory wellness, combat environmental exposures, promote immune function, enhance mental clarity, and promote hydration. It is naturally gluten-free. RESTORE has been shown to create a beneficial shift in the bacteria making up the microbiome, which is what many people are attempting to do with probiotics and prebiotics. Carbon-based redox molecules from ancient fossilized soil help restore the communication network between bacteria in the gut, mitochondria, and cells in the body.
- Accelerated Detox Powder®: Not only does it help regulate Bowel Movements and Balance the Digestive System, it soaks up the Alcohol from Holiday parties and eliminates risk of Hangover.
- Laxa Comfort: Gently and naturally stimulates bowel movements. Regardless of how constipated you are, this will make having 2-3 movements a day occur consistently.
- Accelerated Keto®™: Helps cleanse the Liver and Gall Bladder and naturally stimulates the Elimination system.
- MegaPre™: is the first Precision Prebiotic™supplement made up of clinically tested, non-digestible oligosaccharides that can increase microbial diversity and selectively feed beneficial bacteria like Akkermansia muciniphila, Faecalibacterium prausnitzii, and Bifidobacteria.
MegaPre™ reinforces the beneficial microbial changes created by MegaSporeBiotic™ to promote a strong and diverse microbiome.
- MegaSporeBiotic™: is a probiotic blend of 5 Bacillus spores that have been shown to maintain a healthy gut barrier and immune function. The bi-phasic life cycle of the Bacillus spores allows them to remain dormant in harsh environments until they reach more favorable environments like the human gastrointestinal tract. Once inside the large intestine, these dormant spores can change into their active, vegetative forms and begin colonizing in the gut. This unique probiotic blend aims to recondition the gut instead of reseeding with probiotic strains that cannot survive digestion or colonize the gut.
MegaSporeBiotic™ helps control the “bad” bacteria and grow the “good” bacteria. It has been shown to help with E. Coli, Salmonella, H. Pylori and more.
- MegaMucosa™: The mucosal system is a very important part of the human immune system. The mucosal system in the intestines contains 150 times more surface area than skin, which makes it an essential element of the immune system that supports healthy immune function. Is the first complete mucosal support supplement of its kind, formulated to support a healthy mucosal barrier. Also contains dairy-free immunoglobulins clinically shown to support a healthy immune system in the mucosa and a state-of-the-art flavobiotic shown to support microbial diversity and short-chain fatty acid production.
MegaMucosa™ includes: Immunoglobulins: ImmunoLin is a dairy-free immunoglobulin concentrate that supports healthy digestion, detoxification, and intestinal barrier function.
Amino Acids: There are four key amino acids that play an important role in the production of the intestinal mucosa: L-proline, L-serine, L-cysteine, and L-threonine. These four amino acids have been shown to support mucin production and maintain mucin synthesis in the colon, resulting in a thick and healthy mucosal barrier.
Citrus Polyphenols: MicrobiomeX® is a citrus extract with naturally occurring polyphenols that support digestive health and healthy gut barrier function. A clinical study using 500mg of citrus fruit extract found a significant increase in short-chain fatty acid (SCFA) composition, suggesting that citrus polyphenols may help modulate the microbial composition in the gut.
- Increase hydration: Warm tea with Lemon is preferable. Add Aloe Vera Gel to your liquids.
- Eat more: Green leafy vegetables, Olive Oil, and Fermented Vegetables
Sara Banta is a Stanford University Graduate with a Degree in Economics and Psychology, and a certified Natural Supplement Expert & Graduate of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Sara is the Founder of Accelerated Health Products and host of the health & wellness podcast, Accelerated Health Radio.