I look at my children’s faces as they are 9, 11, and 13, and the gorgeous smooth baby skin is still there on my 9 year old; my 11 year old thinks she has zits, and my 13 year old has a few. I cringe thinking, “Who got my skin — cystic acne throughout high school, oily patches. And who got dad’s skin — eczema patches all over, itchy and dryness, prone to early wrinkles.
Dry skin with eczema means no zits, and oily skin with acne means less wrinkles later — you cannot win. And, if you are really lucky like I was, you get both! I remember thinking at the age of 30, WHY do I have acne still as I am starting to get wrinkles!!!?? That is not the way things are suppose to happen.
Regardless of your age, you are probably dealing with some sort of skin issue.
Beyond that, I see all of these kids with warts, or rashes, or “I-can’t-identify-this-thing-on-their-skin” eruption.
What is our skin telling us?
SKIN — Your Largest Organ
There is something called SKIN-MAPPING — where depending on where the breakout on your face is, it is telling you what is out of balance in your body. I won’t go into detail, but this shows you that your skin is a window into what’s going on on the inside of your body. For instance, if it is hormonal, you will breakout in a different area than if it is related to your GUT. And, when a person is detoxing they may breakout a little more than before, followed by much clearer skin when the detox is finished. And back to that GUT…
The GUT… AGAIN.
Yes, I LOVE talking about the GUT and if it is clean, healed or populated with probiotics. The gut is where a lot of SKIN eruptions come from. Think about any kind of skin issue… Usually they are red and “Inflamed” — whether it is a rash or a zit or a cystic pimple. To heal any of those issues, you need to reduce Inflammation and rid the body of any infection that is causing it.
What Causes Inflammation?
Inflammation comes from Stress, Sugar, Gluten, Dairy, LEAKY GUT. When you eat the foods that tear open your intestinal lining, your body reacts with an AUTO-IMMUNE response which is INFLAMMATORY. That can lead to INFLAMMATION in the skin — somewhere, somehow. The body is trying to get rid of it. Through where? The largest Organ it has — the SKIN.
What Reduces Inflammation, Kills Infections and Heals Skin Issues?
- Accelerated Keto®™: Reduces Inflammation throughout the body and puts the body into a “healing” state.
- PROBIOTICS: Heals LEAKY GUT and Improves the Immune system.
- MegaPre™: is the first Precision Prebiotic™supplement made up of clinically tested, non-digestible oligosaccharides that can increase microbial diversity and selectively feed beneficial bacteria like Akkermansia muciniphila, Faecalibacterium prausnitzii, and Bifidobacteria.MegaPre™ reinforces the beneficial microbial changes created by MegaSporeBiotic™ to promote a strong and diverse microbiome.
- MegaSporeBiotic™: is a probiotic blend of 5 Bacillus spores that have been shown to maintain a healthy gut barrier and immune function. The bi-phasic life cycle of the Bacillus spores allows them to remain dormant in harsh environments until they reach more favorable environments like the human gastrointestinal tract. Once inside the large intestine, these dormant spores can change into their active, vegetative forms and begin colonizing in the gut. This unique probiotic blend aims to recondition the gut instead of reseeding with probiotic strains that cannot survive digestion or colonize the gut.MegaSporeBiotic™ helps control the “bad” bacteria and grow the “good” bacteria. It has been shown to help with E. Coli, Salmonella, H. Pylori and more.
- MegaMucosa™: The mucosal system is a very important part of the human immune system. The mucosal system in the intestines contains 150 times more surface area than skin, which makes it an essential element of the immune system that supports healthy immune function. Is the first complete mucosal support supplement of its kind, formulated to support a healthy mucosal barrier. Also contains dairy-free immunoglobulins clinically shown to support a healthy immune system in the mucosa and a state-of-the-art flavobiotic shown to support microbial diversity and short-chain fatty acid production.MegaMucosa™ includes: Immunoglobulins: ImmunoLin is a dairy-free immunoglobulin concentrate that supports healthy digestion, detoxification, and intestinal barrier function.
Amino Acids: There are four key amino acids that play an important role in the production of the intestinal mucosa: L-proline, L-serine, L-cysteine, and L-threonine. These four amino acids have been shown to support mucin production and maintain mucin synthesis in the colon, resulting in a thick and healthy mucosal barrier.
Citrus Polyphenols: MicrobiomeX® is a citrus extract with naturally occurring polyphenols that support digestive health and healthy gut barrier function. A clinical study using 500mg of citrus fruit extract found a significant increase in short-chain fatty acid (SCFA) composition, suggesting that citrus polyphenols may help modulate the microbial composition in the gut.
- LIQUID BIOCELL COLLAGEN: Reduces Wrinkles, Inflammation and Builds Collagen throughout the body, including the SKIN.
- ACCELERATED SKIN FLEX: Topically applied, kills infection and helps with Cellular Turnover to Diminish Scars and Age Spots, in addition to encouraging Collagen Production.
- Accelerated Scalar Copper™: Copper is essential for the structural lattices that hold the body together such as collagen and elastin. Collagen production is quite complex and requires a key enzymatic reaction between copper and the enzyme lysyl oxidase. Lysyl oxidase is an extracellular copper enzyme that catalyzes the formation of aldehydes from lysine residues in collagen and elastin precursors. Without copper, the body would not be able to create collagen and elastin, the two most important molecules for skin integrity and elasticity.Studies show that with copper supplementation, there is wrinkle reduction, better elasticity, expedited wound healing, and more.
In the skin, copper is involved in the synthesis and stabilization of extracellular matrix skin proteins and angiogenesis. Copper is involved in numerous enzyme systems that break down or build up body tissues. It plays a role in the production of the skin pigment melanin by converting the amino acid tyrosine. Copper is essential for the synthesis of phospholipids, which are a component of the myelin sheath that surrounds nerves.
- ACCELERATED CELLULAR DETOX®: Detoxes the System of all Toxins that Irritate and Inflame the Skin.
- ACNE CARE and BLOOD CLEANER: For Immediate results while the above supplements are healing your System to take care of the SKIN and Systemic Issues long-term.
- SKIN BALANCE: For immediate results — Reduces Itching and Skin Inflammation, and treats conditions like Psoriasis, Eczema, Rosacea, and Hives.
Sara Banta is a Stanford University Graduate with a Degree in Economics and Psychology, and a certified Natural Supplement Expert & Graduate of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Sara is the Founder of Accelerated Health Products and host of the health & wellness podcast, Accelerated Health Radio.