Many people suffer from kidney issues and suboptimal urinary health and don’t know why.
The causes of kidney issues could stem from eating a diet high in oxalates that seem to be “healthy” foods, they could be from stress which taps out the adrenals and in turn, inflame the kidneys, and it could be from an imbalance of bad bacteria in the urinary tract pathway.
Did you know?
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)are the second most common infections behind respiratory infections.
- Women are twice as likely to contract infections than men.
- 90 percent of infections are caused by E. Coli.
Symptoms of UTIs or Kidney Disease
The following are common symptoms of a UTI or kidney disease:
- Painful and frequent urination
- Blood in the urine
- Abdominal pain
- Lower back pain
- Metallic taste in your mouth. This is due to a backup of the toxins in your body as the kidneys aren’t properly filtering them out.
- Protein aversion – you have a strong dislike for protein.
- Nausea or vomiting
- Difficulty with concentration
- Edema or swollen face, eyes, hands, or feet.
- Uremic Frost. This is characterized by little white flecks showing up on your forehead or scalp. This is caused by a backup of uric acid.
- High Blood Pressure. The kidney’s job is to filter the blood and any backup will put more pressure on the system.
- Exhaustion. This is from too much urea in the blood
- Protein in the urine. This is a sign there are “holes” in the urinary system allowing too much protein to escape into the urine.
- Acidic Urine. This is from an imbalance with ammonia. Also if you have insulin resistance or diabetes, you have an insufficient amount of insulin which is allowing too much acidic glucose in the urine.
Primary Causes of Kidney Issues
Insulin Resistance or Diabetes
High glucose and insulin create oxidative damage in four areas of the body:
- brain and nerve tissue
- heart and vessels
Too much glucose is allowed into the kidneys when you have insulin resistance or diabetes. Glucose destroys the kidneys by creating oxidation. Furthermore, it can cause inflammation of the filters in the kidneys, also known as glomerulonephritis.
Plants make oxalic acid for their mineral management, seed germination, and self-defense.
When you eat these plants, the oxalic acid combines with minerals, such as calcium, in your body and gets deposited in your tissues, organs, and bones. Common places oxalates settle are in the joints, kidneys (as kidney stones), and thyroid (leading to thyroid disease).
Foods high in oxalic acid include:
- swiss chard
- black pepper
Symptoms of oxalate poisoning include:
- Pain and connective tissue problems. Oxalates perpetuate inflammatory conditions. As a result, you may experience joint problems like gout, rheumatoid arthritis, stiffness, soreness, swelling, instability, or tendonitis.
- Nerve irritation and dysfunction. Oxalates can affect your brain and lead to unrestful sleep, neuropathic pain, poor concentration, mental and emotional fatigue, mood problems, and other brain issues.
- Immune system reactions. Oxalates can trigger autoimmune issues that lead to inflammatory diseases. By aggravating the immune system, you could experience conditions affecting the skin, joints, and other organs like rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, and even celiac.
- Thyroid disease. Many cases of hypothyroidism or Hashimoto’s are caused by oxalate poisoning. Oxalates accumulate in the thyroid gland, especially when you are low in the necessary iodine to produce T4 (4 stands for 4 atoms of iodine).
- Digestive problems. Oxalates can cause digestive issues and digestive issues can inhibit the processing of oxalates; it becomes a vicious cycle. Some oxalate micro-crystals in foods have sharp and pointy edges; the needle-shaped ones can perforate mucous membrane cells and as a result, can cause you to develop gastroenteritis, leaky gut, rectal pain, constipation, diarrhea, and frequent bowel movements.
- Urogenital problems. Oxalate excess can cause issues of the urinary tract including urinary urgency, high urinary frequency, bladder or urethral pain, incontinence, kidney pain, kidney stones, pelvic floor pain, and prostatitis. When the oxalate load is high enough to overwhelm the kidneys, the urinary tract may become irritated by the high levels of sharp, corrosive oxalate crystals that pass through.
When taking an antibiotic for a UTI, the weak bacteria die, and the strong bacteria climb higher up the urinary tract into the bladder and kidneys, causing a recurrence of infection that is even stronger and harder to kill.
Furthermore, the antibiotic doesn’t kill the fungus or candida, and as a result, there is an overpopulation of that fungus without the good bacteria to balance it out.
The only way to stop recurring infections naturally is with a combination of the following:
- D-mannose. D-mannose is a type of sugar that may help treat UTIs by making it more difficult for the bacteria that are responsible for UTIs to attach themselves to the urinary tract.
- Man Yue Mei Clearing. Take 3 caps 3 times a day until you finish the bottle. Follow that with continued use of Clearing, 3 caps 2 times a day.
- Leaky Gut Bundle. This will repopulate the good bacteria in the body, build up the mucosal lining in the gut and support healthy urinary tract bacteria.
When you are chronically stressed, the adrenals release cortisol, and after some time, the adrenals will become burned out and inflamed. This is called Adrenal Burnout.
Because the adrenals sit on top of the kidneys, the kidneys will become inflamed leading to water retention and suboptimal kidney function.
High Blood Pressure
This can be caused by insulin resistance because glucose hardens the arteries.
Supplements & Tools to Reverse Kidney Issues Naturally
The synergistic nature of the supplements in the Accelerated Kidney Stone Cleanse helps treat kidney stones, urinary tract or kidney infections, and all urogenital infections.
The combination also has a diuretic effect, reduces edema, water retention, and inflammation, boosts the immune system, and helps with eliminating oxalates out of the body.
This kidney stone cleansing bundle may also help thyroid function, reverse Hashimoto’s, alleviate joint pain, reverse arthritis, and alleviate gout. The effects are enhanced when combined with Accelerated Keto, and a low oxalate and low carb diet.
Man Yue Mei Clearing is a supplement designed to treat UTIs or inflammation accompanied by frequent and painful urination.
It relieves factors related to bladder stones, kidney infection, painful or difficult urination, pelvic inflammatory disease, prostatitis, cystitis, vaginitis. It is best to take with Accelerated Silver and D-Mannose at the first sign of an infection.
This Heart-Clearing Lotus Seed Herbal Supplement helps with chronic bladder infections, and vaginal or urethral irritation and inflammation. It may also help with edema.
For those prone to UTIs and bladder infections, it is best to take it continuously for prevention.
MegaSporeBiotic is a probiotic blend of 5 Bacillus spores that have been shown to maintain a healthy gut barrier and immune function.
The bi-phasic life cycle of the Bacillus spores allows them to remain dormant in harsh environments until they reach more favorable environments like the human gastrointestinal tract.
Once inside the large intestine, these dormant spores can change into their active, vegetative forms and begin colonizing in the gut. This unique probiotic blend aims to recondition the gut instead of reseeding with probiotic strains that cannot survive digestion or colonize the gut.
The perfect Isotonic solution of organic ocean minerals diluted with natural alpine spring water achieves the same consistency as your blood plasma.
Quintessential .9 supports homeostasis and rehydration and contributes to normal digestion. With up to 78 bioavailable ionic minerals, this 0.9 concentration can help replenish mineral and trace element levels, gently detoxify, support sleep, improve relaxation, and improve digestion.
Wild-Lytes go beyond the scope of a simple electrolyte formula to target the effects of daily stress, inflammation, adrenal fatigue, and immune disruption at a cellular level, providing a foundation for whole-body health.
Unlike many electrolyte supplements, nothing in this formulation regulates phase one liver detoxification or blocks sulfation pathways for oxalate metabolism. It naturally improves hydration and supports kidney cleansing.
Accelerated Keto and Low Carb Diet
By taking Accelerated Keto, lowering your carb intake, and intermittent fasting, the stress on the kidneys decreases, inflammation decreases, and healing can take place.
Most doctors recommend a low salt diet, but they are referring to strictly sodium, and not a full spectrum salt with over 60 minerals in addition to sodium. The balance of potassium and other minerals in addition to sodium is essential for optimal cellular health.
Seven to eight hours of sleep daily is essential for adrenal and kidney health. Without proper sleep, the body functions suboptimally increasing cortisol (the stress hormone), increasing fat storage, wreaking havoc on the sex hormones, inflaming the kidneys, and retaining water.
Daily exercise is essential to boost circulation, mobilize fluid throughout the body and the kidneys.
Drink at least 2.5 liters a day
It is imperative to flush clean water through the system for cleansing purposes.
Sara Banta is a Stanford University Graduate with a Degree in Economics and Psychology, and a certified Natural Supplement Expert & Graduate of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Sara is the Founder of Accelerated Health Products and host of the health & wellness podcast, Accelerated Health Radio.