A Migraine is Not Just Another Headache.
We have all had the headaches triggered by stress, hunger, stuck in a meeting that lasts too long, or just screaming kids in the house. But what about the real headaches that don’t seem to subside. The Migraines.
If you are a sufferer, I am sure you have googled Migraine Remedies on Pinterest, etc. I have had health issues, but I can say headaches were never one of them until last August when I experienced head trauma in a car accident. Now, if I am not careful, that area of my brain inflames, throbs and I experience horrible headaches. But forget about me, my youngest went through a period of time where she experienced migraines.
I was forced to find solutions … And I did.
When Does a Headache Become More than Just a Headache?
Migraine symptoms include a severe and debilitating headache, but the condition is far more serious than a bad headache. Migraines are a neurological disorder, characterized by recurring headaches and considered to be the most common disorder of the nervous system.
They are more common in women than men because of hormonal influences and are characterized by recurring attacks of moderate to severe intensity, many times occurring only on one side of your head. These headaches may last from a couple of hours to up to three days and are often aggravated by physical activity.
Other symptoms that may accompany a migraine headache include nausea, visual disturbances, dizziness, numbness in your extremities or face, and extreme sensitivity to light, sound, smell and touch.
Types of Migraines:
- Basilar Type
- Status Migrainous
- With and Without Aura
Are Asthma and Allergies Causing Your Headaches?
Both Migraines and Asthma are caused by Inflammation (of the Blood Vessels, for Migraines, and of the Airways, for Asthma). Those who have migraines and asthma are at double the risk of developing chronic migraines, according to new research.
The underlying connection between Asthma and Migraines could be Allergies. Allergies are more common in people with Asthma and people with headaches, and the researchers suggested that treating allergies more aggressively might help. If you have asthma and/or allergies, optimizing your vitamin D levels is absolutely crucial.
In fact, research suggests that vitamin D deficiency may be a primary underlying cause of Asthma. Vitamin D deficiency can also play a role in Migraines. According to research presented at the 50th Annual Meeting of the American Headache Society, nearly 42 percent of patients with chronic migraine were deficient in Vitamin D. The study also showed that the longer you suffered from chronic migraines, the more likely you are to be vitamin D deficient.
Other vitamin deficiencies linked to headaches include vitamins B2 (riboflavin), B6, B12, folic acid, and Magnesium. A lack of Magnesium may promote a number of different illnesses associated with Migraines, including Depression, platelet aggression, serotonin receptor function and influence production and use of neurotransmitters.
Remedies for Migraines:
- Vitamin D: Studies have shown Migraine Sufferers tend to have a deficiency in Vitamin D.
- Magnesium: Migraine sufferers are more likely to suffer from a deficiency in Magnesium.
- MegaPre™: is the first Precision Prebiotic™supplement made up of clinically tested, non-digestible oligosaccharides that can increase microbial diversity and selectively feed beneficial bacteria like Akkermansia muciniphila, Faecalibacterium prausnitzii, and Bifidobacteria.
MegaPre™ reinforces the beneficial microbial changes created by MegaSporeBiotic™ to promote a strong and diverse microbiome
- MegaSporeBiotic™: is a probiotic blend of 5 Bacillus spores that have been shown to maintain a healthy gut barrier and immune function. The bi-phasic life cycle of the Bacillus spores allows them to remain dormant in harsh environments until they reach more favorable environments like the human gastrointestinal tract. Once inside the large intestine, these dormant spores can change into their active, vegetative forms and begin colonizing in the gut. This unique probiotic blend aims to recondition the gut instead of reseeding with probiotic strains that cannot survive digestion or colonize the gut.
MegaSporeBiotic™ helps control the “bad” bacteria and grow the “good” bacteria. It has been shown to help with E. Coli, Salmonella, H. Pylori and more.
- MegaMucosa™: The mucosal system is a very important part of the human immune system. The mucosal system in the intestines contains 150 times more surface area than skin, which makes it an essential element of the immune system that supports healthy immune function. Is the first complete mucosal support supplement of its kind, formulated to support a healthy mucosal barrier. Also contains dairy-free immunoglobulins clinically shown to support a healthy immune system in the mucosa and a state-of-the-art flavobiotic shown to support microbial diversity and short-chain fatty acid production.MegaMucosa™ includes: Immunoglobulins: ImmunoLin is a dairy-free immunoglobulin concentrate that supports healthy digestion, detoxification, and intestinal barrier function.
Amino Acids: There are four key amino acids that play an important role in the production of the intestinal mucosa: L-proline, L-serine, L-cysteine, and L-threonine. These four amino acids have been shown to support mucin production and maintain mucin synthesis in the colon, resulting in a thick and healthy mucosal barrier.
Citrus Polyphenols: MicrobiomeX® is a citrus extract with naturally occurring polyphenols that support digestive health and healthy gut barrier function. A clinical study using 500mg of citrus fruit extract found a significant increase in short-chain fatty acid (SCFA) composition, suggesting that citrus polyphenols may help modulate the microbial composition in the gut.
- Advanced Naturals Flora Max Probiotic: It repopulates the good GUT Bacteria to boost the Immune System and improve Brain Function.
- Head Q: It Improves Blood Circulation, reduces Inflammation and has been successful in treating Migraines.
- KETO: It Reduces Inflammation in the Brain, Increases GABA and Serotonin in the Brain, and relieves Migraines, Seizures, Anxiety, Depression, and ADHD. Additionally, it balances hormones which can be the trigger for some Migraines.
Sara Banta is a Stanford University Graduate with a Degree in Economics and Psychology, and a certified Natural Supplement Expert & Graduate of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Sara is the Founder of Accelerated Health Products and host of the health & wellness podcast, Accelerated Health Radio.